Equipment & Training
Fast Air Medevac transports patients daily from our 4 MedEvac-bases located in Manitoba.
Fast Air Medevac transports patients daily from our 4 bases located in Manitoba. Transports can be either medical, surgical, cardiac, trauma, pediatric, high-risk OB, neuro, and burn patients from a number of remote Manitoba northern nursing stations to tertiary care facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our team of flight nurses and or Advance Care Paramedics use the latest technology and advanced education to transport patients who require advanced procedures, including advance airway insertion, needle thoracentesis, CPAP, biphasic defibrillation, pacing and cardioversion, intraosseous insertion (EZ-IO).
Fast Air also provides non-emergent and/or scheduled air ambulance services on a regular basis.
Continued Education is provided in-house through our Clinical Educator to ensure that the medical crew members are current and comfortable in providing the highest level of care possible. Fast Medevac provides annual Professional Development days for its crew members by bringing in external resources experienced in either critical care and or aeromedical transport.
Fast Air medical crewmember minimum qualifications/certifications:
- Minimum of two years of critical care experience
- Province of Manitoba Aeromedical Licence
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, ITLS Certifications
- ORNGE or CAMATA Aeromedical Theory Certifications
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Mentally and physically capable to work in remote regions
- Comfortable with Air, Land and Water operations