Established in 2003 Fast Air MedEvac has become a trusted provider in the delivery of transport medicine. Our dedication to excellence is seen in everything we do from the aircraft we fly to the quality of our personnel. We provide 24-hour air ambulance service from our bases in Norway House, Thompson, Island Lake and Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our skilled medical staff care for patients with the ease and compassion of those truly dedicated to their mission. As well, our flight crews are supported around the clock by our Flight Dispatch Center whose focus on customer care ensures smooth, safe and efficient patient transfers.
The Beechcraft King Air 200 is the current aircraft used for Medevac operations by Fast Air Ltd and is considered one of the safest in the industry. Fast Air Ltd, is pleased to offer a competitive compensation package (details below) including partial to full travel reimbursement for out of province employees
Education & Experience Requirements
The applicant must have successfully graduated from a recognized Registered Nursing program. The applicant must also have successfully completed a critical care nursing and or an emergency nursing course or verification of at least 2 years of related nursing experience and the following:
- Current Basic Current Life Support Level – C
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Current Pediatric Advance Life Support
- Current International Trauma Life Support or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support or Trauma Nursing CoreCourse
- A current CAMATA certificate or equivalent; or be able to obtain in a reasonable period of time. (Fast Air Ltd will provide assistance in this certification to successful candidate).
- Criminal Records check including Vulnerable Person clearance
- Manitoba Child Abuse Registry clearance
- Valid registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba with norestrictions.
- Must be able to be licensed as Aero-medical Attendant with Manitoba Health Emergency Health Services Branch prior to start of employment. (Fast Air Ltd will provide assistance in this process to successful candidates).
- Physical and mental health necessary to meet the demands of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with other staff and clients.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills with the ability to take initiative
- Assess, treat, and prepare patient for transport and accompany patient to the receiving facility.
- Provide quality patient care, following established protocols.
- The Flight Nurse will represent Fast Air Ltd in a professional and respectful manner reporting directly to theChief Flight Medic.
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the Medevac crew to ensure a positive outcome for allstakeholders.
- Contribute to a safe work environment.
- Maintain accountability.
- Participate as a member of the Health Care Team.
Schedule: Full-time position (14 days on/14 days off)
Compensation: Fast Air provides a competitive employment compensation package including: competitive wages and daily per diems, mileage bonus, company pension program, group health and dental benefits, uniforms.
Transportation allowance for out-of-province employees.